A Major Multi National Medical Devices Company in Galway City, Ireland wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
VENDOR ENGINEER - 11
In the Vendor Engineering department there is a focus on Technical and Quality evaluation of vendors processes for the supply of components. Vendor Engineers are directly involved in the technical and quality evaluation of the vendors processes for the supply of components, drafting and executing component qualifications, conducting drawing and BOM reviews with R&D and complying with the ongoing Vendor management system to ensure that all sourced parts conform to specification on an ongoing basis and for all compliance activities within the group.
Key Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned
* Integrate corporate procedures to local procedures and ensure group compliance
* Delivers and/or manage projects assigned and works with other stakeholders both internally and externally to achieve desired results.
* Ensuring quality policies are adhered to when qualifying vendors and their processes to manufacture components to our specifications, conducting risk assessments of components and vendor approval - from design to implementation at the vendors site.
* Works independently with general supervision of team ensuring that project tasks / problem solving of component issues at the vendors facility are resolved in line with project deliverables.
* Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments. Contributes to the completion of project milestones. Must work well in cross functional groups and individually.
* Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems.
* Communicates both internally and externally on problem solving. Contacts others to share information, status, gain input, and support decision making.
* Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis via regular contact, periodic audits and other methods to guarantee consistent high-quality performance on an ongoing basis.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* A suitable Level 8 Honours Degree in Engineering Mechanical/Supplier Quality degree.
* Knowledge and/or experience of ISO EN13485 and FDA quality system
* Lead Auditor an advantage.
* Strong personal initiative and strong interpersonal skills.
* Excellent "hands-on" technical skills.
SALARY: A very attractive salary/benefits package is on offer.
If interested in applying for this post, please email your CV in Word Format to:
For informal enquiries, please ring Christy on 087-9473404