A Major Medical Devices Company in Galway, Ireland wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
SENIOR VENDOR PROCESS ENGINEER
At our Vendor Engineering Department, we focus on the Technical and Quality evaluation of vendors processes for the supply of components to another Company site. As a Senior Vendor Process Engineer you will be responsible for the Technical and Quality evaluation of vendors processes for the supply of components to this site and component qualifications. In addition, you will be responsible for ongoing Vendor management system to ensure that all sourced parts conform to specification on an ongoing basis and for all compliance activities within the group.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
* Liaise effectively with cross functional teams to qualify new product or process, completing validations, test reports and protocols.
* Ensure that "First Articles" are carried out to verify that all parts meet their Dimensional and Functional requirements.
* Provide technical support to Production, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering in the event of a supplier quality problem occurring on a component
* Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis via regular contact, periodic audits and other methods to guarantee consistent high quality performance on an ongoing basis.
* Lead cross functional QIT's to resolve Quality issues at suppliers.
* Participate in cross functional teams to review process improvements/ optimizations at suppliers through PFMEA's and control plans.
* Carry out Vendor Approval/Surveillance audits to ensure that suppliers are capable of meeting our quality requirements on a continuous basis
* Continuously assess product Bill of Materials and supplier base to identify opportunities to further increase the local content while meeting/exceeding cost and quality targets.
* Represent the Vendor Engineering function on SSI's.
* Represent the Vendor Engineering function on NPI's.
* Participate in MRB teams.
* Will provide mentoring to new hires on products and processes.
* Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* A suitable Level 8 Engineering Degree Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronics or Plastics/molding.
* Lead Auditor with auditing experience
* Strong personal initiative and strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent "hands-on" technical skills.
* Strong leadership and people management skills.
* Excellent Organisational skills.
* Excellent Communication / Interpersonal Skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
REMUNERATION: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer and negotiable
Please forward CV immediately to:
For informal enquiries, please phone Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 and if outside Ireland 00353 87 9473404