A Major Multi National Medical Devices Company in Galway, Ireland is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
SENIOR SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
In the Supplier Quality department, there is a partnership with the Company's suppliers to deliver the highest quality and most reliable products to our customers within the CVG organization.
The Supplier Quality role works with external suppliers and in a cross-functional Compnay team on a daily basis to resolve supplier related issues, drive continuous improvement while driving key quality metrics across the Galway Campus. Part of a larger team within supplier quality department, this role would support new product development and post market quality for components supplied to Galway.
* Work closely with continuity engineering team to drive continuous improvement and robust corrective actions through problem solving techniques at supplier to prevent recurrence of issues, and ultimately deliver high-quality products to customers
* Coach, develop and support team members in supplier quality activities
* Delivering cost-down projects through supplier-owned quality and certification of products
* Communicate with management and business unit teams on a regular basis on supplier performance
* Develop strong partnerships with cross functional groups and provide quality leadership within these groups
* Support in the review of supplier changes, coordinating activities with suppliers and with internal cross-functional support teams to develop and implement appropriate strategies to qualify and support the change
* Ensure appropriate controls are in place at supplier, based on risk associated with product or service
* Provide expert QE technical direction input to component qualification strategies and documentation in conjunction with project teams to ensure high standards are in place
* Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality standards are met.
* Define Receiving Inspection requirements as required and associated test method validation for all internal Company Test Methods.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* A person qualified to Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Level 8 NFQ) in
relevant technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Science or technical field)
* Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or less with an advanced degree
* A dynamic team player, can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
with good communication and technical writing skills
* Initiates and Leads Change, Collaborates and Creates Alignment, Drives Accountability and
thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions.
REMUNERATION: Attractive Salary/Benefits is on offer/negotiable
APPLICATION: Please forward CV immediately to
Informal confidential enquiries to: Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 OR 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)