A Major Medical Devices Company in Galway, Ireland is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
SENIOR R & D MANAGER
At the Research & Development Department, there is a focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures. The Senior R&D Manager is directly involved in providing high level leadership and Direction to a diverse R&D team ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities.
The CVG Division has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to take their place amongst the leadership team and help shape the direction of modern interventional treatment within one of the fastest growing businesses in medical devices, and are in which the Company is a market leader. You will have the opportunity to guide engineering innovation at the forefront of interventional treatment, developing never before seen devices and more.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company's design and development of new medical device products or software systems.
May develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
Directs the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
* We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
* A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
* Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
* Experienced in a medical device market and have a proven result driven track record.
* Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
* Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
REMUNERATION: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer and negotiable
Please forward CV immediately to:
For informal enquiries, please phone Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 and if outside Ireland 00353 87 9473404