A Major Medical Devices Engineering Company is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified Engineer for the following post:
SENIOR R & D ENGINEER - STRUCTURAL HEART
At the world leading Research & Development Department, there is a focus on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
As a Senior R&D Engineer, you will be tasked with supporting a team in the technical development of new products through early stage investigation/research and/or translation of that into commercial medical devices.
* Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development Effectively represent the Company while interacting with physicians to filter their needs into product requirements and concepts
* Participate in technical innovation across the department
* Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
* Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to generate feasible designs
* Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
* Play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts potentially progressing a project from concept phase into commercialization phase
* Contribute to resolution of technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
* Contribute to generation of intellectual property
* Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
* Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
* Qualified person to Bachelor/Master's Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
* Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
* Experienced interfacing with physicians and reducing feedback to device concepts.
* You are an experienced professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
* Collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur
REMUNERATION: An excellent Slary/Benefits Package is on offer
Please submit your CV in Word Format to
Confidential enquiries to Christy on 087-9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)