A Major Global Medical Devices Company in Galway, Ireland wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER - 12 month contract
In the Company's Quality Department focus is on supporting the operations. Senior Quality Engineers are directly involved in providing line support and achieving key department metrics thus contributing to the global strategy.
* Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
* Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
* Devises, implements and monitors methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
* Participate in preparing / critically reviewing/approving NCMRs/ CAPAs/ Investigations and validation activities, providing expert QA technical direction and solutions as appropriate.
* Ensures effective product control measures in the event of issues being noted.
* Lead and support root cause driven approaches to problem solving efforts for quality issues and implements corrective & preventative actions.
* Ensures that root cause of problem & implements corrective & preventative action measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
* May manage some direct reports of lower levels and responsible for communication and coordination talent management initiatives with reports.
* Liaises with other department sites, functions and vendors on a frequent basis. Represents the site at various levels in the organisation. Makes decisions in conjunction with senior management on deadlines that impact the business unit.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
A qualified person to Bachelor's Degree (Level 8) in Science/Engineering or related Discipline. Requires a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience.
* Established and productive individual contributor.
* Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
* Communicates frequently with internal & external contacts.
* Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Excellent Salary/Benefits package on offer
For immediate interview, please email your CV to
For informal enquiries, please telephone Christy on 087 9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)