A Major Multi National Medical Devices Company in Galway, Ireland is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
In the Research & Development Department, focus is on the development of cutting edge
medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space.Project Managers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
* You will be responsible for representing the Project Management Office (PMO) group on
teams serving as PMO in the execution NPD projects.
* You will build cross functional project schedules from first principles.
* You will be leading project management activities (e.g. project planning, tracking, risk
management, communications) within New Product Development (NPD) projects, lead
continuous improvement projects to drive better execution of NPD projects and drive
projects/sub-projects as necessary.
* You may have responsibility for resource management activities. You will support the
overall project management infrastructure (metrics, reporting, administration, business
* You will contribute occasionally as leader of crisis teams chartered with getting
projects back on track.
* You will participate in implementing best practice tools and techniques in project
management within NPD projects and within the Galway Plant site.
* You will manage changing priorities on projects through effective schedule management and
deployment of PM methodologies.
* You will keep the Team Leader and key Sponsors and Stakeholders abreast of organizational
capacity constraints and portfolio risks.
* You will operate as role model by striving for continuous improvement and being an agent
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level in Engineering / Science or related
discipline and desirably with 4-7 years' experience working in Project Management
* You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on
* You are experienced with MS project, MS Office and good team skills with a high level of
enthusiasm and motivation.
* Good communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills are desirable. You
are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
REMUNERATION: Attractive Salary/Benefits is on offer/negotiable
APPLICATION: Please forward CV immediately to
Informal confidential enquiries to: Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 OR 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)