A Major Global Medical Devices Company in Galway Ireland wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER
Our engineering team are committed to developing and delivering the most innovative and effective, quality Medical devices for our customers and patients. We look to create an environment where diversity is valued and people are encouraged to think and act creatively to continuously improve our products and services.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager you will lead and mentor a talented team of engineers. You will have opportunities to develop your own skills and capabilities as you grow in the organization.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
* Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company's design and development of new medical device products or software systems.
* May develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
* Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
* Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
* Directs the development of new concepts from prototype development to market release.
* Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
* Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
* Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
* Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
* Plans and directs vendor selection and development program for the site.
* Manages facility upgrades and developments.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Level 8 Engineering Degree in Electro Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
* An MBA qualification would be an advantage but is not essential
* Seven years + experience in the medical device or similar industry with at least five years at management level.
* Experience managing a diverse range of product and process technologies.
* Proven ability to create an environment to foster innovation among a technically strong and capable engineering team.
* Ability to work on own initiative and be decisive with the ability to work both tactically and on a strategic level.
* Strong communication and negotiation skills.
* Ability to develop a strong team and drive a culture of achievement and accountability.
* Lead Auditor qualification is desirable with a thorough understanding TS16949, ISO EN13485 and FDA quality system requirements
* Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams across a number of departments.
Excellent Salary/Benefits package on offer
For immediate interview, please email your CV to
For informal enquiries, please telephone Christy on 087 9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)