A Major Medical Devices Company in Galway City, Ireland wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN PURCHASING SUPERVISOR
In the Supply Chain Purchasing Department, there is a focus on developing and managing a world class Supply Chain to support the Company Mission to help expand access to Quality Healthcare by ensuring all our customer requirements are met. The Company mission is to exceed customer expectations through Supply Chain excellence, procurement of quality raw-material and services at a fair price, ensuring on-time delivery aligned to business needs and inventory targets.
* Lead the Purchasing Team, ensuring mentoring, developing and coaching of staff on meeting/exceeding performance expectations and defined objectives.
* Ensure all Purchasing Team in compliance with QMS (Quality Management System) and support audits as required.
* Maintain stringent controls for the processing of information within purchasing.
* Ensure continuity of supply of material in support of MPS (Master Production Plan).
* Support Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process including anticipation and detection of any future potential supply chain risks.
* Ensure implementation of best practice for the purchasing function through Standard Work in Materials Management (SWIMM) process.
* Lead operational excellence methodologies to drive continuous improvement.
* Negotiate and appraise contracts/Service Level Agreements with vendors and ensure competitive pricing is maintained.
* Coordinate and support with stakeholders across the business to drive supply chain improvement initiatives leading to improved cost and quality of products.
* Seek business improvement and cost reduction opportunities including product transfer, local sourcing and strategic sourcing initiatives as a key part of the role.
* Manage new product introduction and end-of-life processes.
* Monitor and manage inventory levels aligned to inventory targets.
* Identify and implement strategic solutions to optimize supply chain inventory management.
* Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees and external environment
* Complete special assignments, projects and tasks as requested.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Relevant third level - Level 8 qualification along with APICS or equivalent qualification.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role within a highly regulated sector.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Possess a decisive approach and the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
* Highly motivated with good analytical skills.
* Good Working knowledge of all Microsoft office packages.
* Experienced in use of ERP / MRP platforms (BPCS experience an advantage but not essential).
REMUNERATION: An excellent Salary/Benefits Package is on offer.
APPLICATION: If interested, please submit your CV to:
Informal Enquiries to Christy on 087-9473404 or 00 353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)