A worldwide designer, developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical device is now looking for a Senior Packaging Design Engineer for their Galway Operations Centre.
At their Packaging & Labeling Engineering Department in Galway they focus on the development of cutting edge medical device packaging in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Their Engineers support a broad array of R&D, Technology Transfer, Continuous Improvement initiatives & are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
· Development of packaging components and assemblies for medical devices.
· Serves as a subject matter expert on cross-functional, cross-divisional project teams focusing on design, technology and process.
· Supports verification, validation, and implementation of package systems for both design and process development.
· Actively collaborates with Packaging and Labeling peers across the Company to identify and implement best practices.
· Supports manufacturing driven packaging initiatives with technical expertise.
· Supports issue investigations and corrective actions.
· Develops technical documentation including design specs, input requirements, validations and technical reports in accordance with quality system requirements.
· Utilizes knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements related to packaging and labeling, ensuring robust package validation and qualification.
· Utilize project management skills to gain alignment, lead cross functional teams, and drive continuous improvement projects that focus on "best in class" outcomes.
· Provides guidance, coaching and training to others within packaging engineering team.
- Qualified person to Degree level L8 in Engineering/Science or a related discipline,
Masters desirably, with five (5) years relevant experience.
- Compliance and Integrity: Promotes and practices a culture of integrity, ethics and
compliance with laws and policies;
- Boundaryless: Collaborates across organizational boundaries;
- Clear Thinking: Translates complexity into simplicity and articulates crispy and
clearly. Creates and communicates clear strategy/plan. Demonstrates good judgement;
- Executes: Takes accountability for and delivers consistent decisions, actions and
- Driven to Win: Be passionate and driven, with the ability to making tough decisions in
A very attractive Salary/Benefits Package is on offer and negotiable
Please forward your CV immediately to:
For informal enquiries, please ring Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 if outside Ireland