A Major Medical Devices Company in Galway, Ireland is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
Senior R/D Engineer (VAVE)
At our R&D Sustaining Engineering Team in Galway, we focus on Maintaining our the designs of our respiratory life support equipment post launch. We do this by effectively executing and managing design changes to resolve complex engineering problems. Our VAVE R&D Engineers are dedicated to Value Analysis and Value Engineering of our products to ensure that we keep our products economically viable throughout their life cycle.
Identify key opportunities to reduce product or process costs, improve manufacturing yields, reduce field complaints and product returns
Execute Operational Excellence projects
Identify Evaluate Projects
Perform Hazards Analysis and Risk Assessments
Execute Product Design Changes
Determine required V&V
Author V&V Test Protocols
Execute or supervise product design V&V
Author V&V Test Reports
Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots and provides technical skills during research and/or product development.
Designs studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
May be involved in product research and development and/or clinical trials.
Translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Degree level 8 in Mechanical Engineering Required with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience (Engineering degrees in other fields will be considered with relevant experience in a similar role.)
* Key Skill: Experience of managing product design changes.
* Experience of product V&V, Risk Assessment, DFMEA an advantage.
* Excellent computer skills and CAD expertise. (SolidWorks preferred)
* Excellent communication analytical, documentation and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated track record of achievement.
* Positive attitude and a proven ability to take initiative on projects and collaborate as part of multi-disciplinary team.
Excellent Salary/Benefits package on offer
For immediate interview, please email your CV to
For informal enquiries, please telephone Christy on 087 9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)