A Major Medical Devices Company in Galway - Ireland is seeking to recruit the following post
At the Company, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress and deliver meaningful innovations
At our Quality Department, we focus on supporting the operations. Quality Engineers are directly involved in providing line support and achieving key department metrics thus contributing to the global strategy.
* Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
* Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
* Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
* Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
* Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
* May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor's Degree (Level 8) in Science/Engineering or related Discipline. Requires a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
* Established and productive individual contributor.
Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
* Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments.
Contributes to the completion of project milestones.
May have some involvement in cross functional assignments.
* Problems and issues faced are general and may require understanding of broader set of issues or other job areas but typically are not complex.
Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
* Communicates primarily and frequently with internal contacts.
External interactions are less complex or problem solving in nature.
Contacts others to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input, and support decision-making.
* May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and / or employee in Support Career Stream.
* Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
A very attractive Salary/Benefits Package is on offer and negotiable
Please forward your CV immediately to:
For informal enquiries, please ring Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 if outside Ireland