A Major Medical Devices Company in Galway, Ireland is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
PRINCIPAL TEST ENGINEER
At our Engineering Department, we focus on providing technical support to manufacturing operation and new technology introduction. Test Engineering are directly involved in ensuring product quality through the development and implementation of technical systems to verify product requirements are met.
* Technical lead for the development of Test Systems within a Medical Device Manufacturing environment.
* Lead the development of Test Systems involving Electro-Mechanical Pneumatic control.
* Partner with Product Development to communicate DFM/DFT requirements in Product Design and support Product Design Qualification.
* Document Test System requirements/specifications and drive Test System qualification/validation activities.
* Direct external contractors in the production of Electro-Mechanical test systems.
* Partner with Manufacturing Engineering Department to ensure the highest standards of practice related to EHS, GMP, process optimization.
* Lead the activity required to commission test systems for prototype and mainstream production.
* Represent the Test development function at technical reviews.
* Engage in trouble shooting activity related to improving test yields.
* Generate costings, task lists and schedule detail for the purposes of project management.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Engineering Degree (L8) in a related discipline.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in leading the development of electro mechanical control systems with emphasis on pneumatics control/measurement.
* Analog and Digital circuit Analysis skills.
* Knowledge of applicable MDD standards compliance.
* Strong planning and communication skills.
* Knowledge and experience of C and LabWindows/CVI or LabView.
* Knowledge of ISO EN13485 & FDA Quality requirements an advantage.
* Experience of working within a Medical Device manufacturing environment an advantage.
* A strong team player with an ability to work to strict deadlines.
* A strong aptitude for problem solving, be pro-active and be able to work on their own initiative.
Excellent Salary/Benefits package on offer
For immediate interview, please email your CV to
For informal enquiries, please telephone Christy on 087 9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)