A Major Medical Devices Company in Galway, Ireland is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
PRINCIPAL R & D ENGINEER - STRUCTURAL HEART
At our world leading Research & Development Department, focus IS on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. There are a number of positions across our Coronary and Structural Heart Business Units for Principal Engineers who are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
The Structural Heart Division has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to take their place within one of the fastest growing businesses in medical devices. Innovating at the forefront of interventional treatment, as a technical leader of teams you will have opportunities to guide the development of never before seen transcatheter heart valve devices, from project concept through to execution and beyond.
As a Principal R&D engineer within the Structural Heart Division you can look forward to an exciting career and being proud to be part of teams that strive for success in the pursuit of our mission, to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. Some of the aspects you can look forward to are as follows;
* Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
* Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
* Effectively represent the Company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
* Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
* Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
* Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
* Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
* May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product / process / engineering / leadership fronts
* May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
* Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
* Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
* Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
* Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
* Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development
* Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise
* May be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials
* Translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience - additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
* A dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
* An individual with extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and project / program management.
* A proven influencer and someone who exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
* Strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
REMUNERATION: Excellent Salary/Benefits Package on offer and negotiable
Please forward CV immediately to:
For informal enquiries, please phone Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 and if outside Ireland 00353 87 9473404