A Major Multi National Medical Devices Company in Athlone Ireland wish to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
PRINCIPAL AUTOMATION DESIGN ENGINEER
The Principal Design Automation Engineer is directly involved in the application and dissemination of best practices for improving productivity, quality, or other measure of performance through automation and supports the development of strategies for automation that provide a road map to search for these improvements.
* Champions a common-sense approach to automation projects using the USA1 principle.
* Leads a program to search for improvements through USA principles and strategies for automation creating an improvements/automation roadmap which feeds into RGI's capital assets budgeting for the next two years.
* Manages mission critical2 automation projects through their typical lifecycle3 for legacy products and new product development projects.
* Provides guidance to RGI manufacturing sites on automation strategies, best practices and project lifecycle3 workstream.
* Provides subject matter expertise4 to RGI and vendor automation related stakeholders as appropriate and performs test, debugging and troubleshooting activities on mission critical automation systems.
* Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
* May specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
* Procures and manages vendors involved on mission critical automation projects (contracts, performance, payments).
* Ensures delivered automation systems adhere to applicable domestic and international standards as well as to company and manufacturing site's EHS policies and SOP's.
* Understand the existing process, Simplify the process, Automate the process.
* Quality, Cost Reduction, Capacity/Service.
* as per Automation Manual (formation - technical reviews/DFX/PFMEA - RFP - RFQ - Vendor selection - CER - Kick off - design reviews - FAT - SAT - Closeout).
* computer aided design (CAD) software engineering methods, theories and research techniques.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, mechatronic, or closely related discipline.
* A minimum of 7 years experience in a medical device or related industry, with demonstrated track record of leading automation systems development.
* Knowledgeable & experienced about mechanical, electrical/electronic design, programmable logic controls (PLC) - Allen Bradley, pneumatic systems, motor control, vision systems, and instrumentation.
* Knowledgeable on project management of automation systems development lifecycle.
* Knowledgeable and experienced on Design for Excellence (DFX) Principles and risk management methodologies such as PFMEA.
* Strong mechanical aptitude (understanding and using machines and tools).
* Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project.
* Effective verbal, non-verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Integrity.
* Six Sigma/Lean certified preferred.
An attractive Salary/Benefits Package is on offer/negotiable
For immediate interview, please email your CV in Word Format to:
For informal confidential enquiries, please telephone Christy on 087 9473404 OR 00353 87 9473404 if outside IRELAND