A Major Medical Devices Engineering Company in Galway City, Ireland wishes to recruit a suitably qualified for the following post:
SOURCING ENGINEER - 11
In the Supplier Quality Engineering department, there is a strong focus on Technical and Quality evaluation of vendors processes for the supply of components to the Company. Supplier Quality Engineer are directly involved in the technical and quality evaluation of the vendors processes for the supply of components to the Company, drafting and executing component qualifications, conducting drawing and BOM reviews with R&D and complying with our ongoing Supplier Quality management system to ensure that all sourced parts conform to specification on an ongoing basis and for all compliance activities within the group
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned
* Delivers and/or manage projects assigned and works with other stakeholders both internally and externally to achieve desired results.
* Ensuring quality policies are adhered to when qualifying suppliers and their processes to manufacture components to our specifications, conducting risk assessments of components and vendor approval - from design to implementation at the suppliers' site.
* Works independently with general supervision of team ensuring that project tasks / problem solving of component issues at the vendors facility are resolved in line with project deliverables.
* Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments. Contributes to the completion of project milestones. Must work well in cross functional groups and individually.
* Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems.
* Communicates both internally and externally on problem solving. Contact others to share information, status, gain input, and support decision making.
* Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis via regular contact, business reviews and other methods to guarantee consistent high-quality performance on an ongoing basis
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* A suitable level 8 Engineering Mechanical/Supplier Quality degree.
* Knowledge and/or experience of ISO EN13485 and FDA quality system requirements
* Strong personal initiative and strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent "hands-on" technical skills
REMUNERATION: An excellent Salary/Benefits on offer.
Please forward CV in Word Format to:
For Informal enquiries on a strictly confidential basis: please call Christy on 087-9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)