A Major Medical Devices Company in Galway Ireland is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post
At our Balloon Manufacturing Engineering department, we focus on providing Stable, Flexible and Cost-effective Manufacturing processes that produce the highest quality products through innovative engineering services and solutions. Manufacturing Engineers are directly involved in maintaining and continuously improving the manufacturing processes to the highest standards.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF:
* You will be the Manufacturing Engineer involved in manufacturing of current balloon products and the introduction of new balloon product.
* You will ensure the correct setup of all equipment in relation to the manufacturing processes and also all related qualification documentation.
* Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
* Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality
* You will support, lead and develop other technicians in relation to the product.
* You will be responsible for troubleshooting equipment breakdowns and investigating defects from the manufacturing line both during the initial validation stage and as the product develops through its lifecycle.
* You will liaise with Engineering on other shifts to ensure accurate handovers.
* You will participate in strategic projects to support quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets.
* You will develop and maintain beneficial working relationships across a number of functions.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* We are looking for a qualified person to a minimum of level 8 BSc/BEng Degree in Engineering or related discipline, with a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
* You will have experience in IQs, Equipment Binders, Calibrations, Preventative Maintenance.
* You will have experience of working in a changing environment within the medical devices sector, preferably with familiarity of FDA regulations.
* You will have strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience using DMAIC methodology.
* Experience in the introduction of new technology on Manufacturing lines within the medical device industry is desirable.
* You will work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
* You will have excellent verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills, fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
* Experience in Balloon Moulding is an advantage.
* The successful candidate will be a strong team player, with the ability to work on their own initiative to a high standard when required.
Excellent Salary/Benefits package on offer
For immediate interview, please email your CV to
For informal enquiries, please telephone Christy on 087 9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 (if outside Ireland)