Our client an established Hospital in Dublin wishes to recruit a CNM3 in Theatre to join their team.
Main duties and responsibilities will include
* Formulate, implement and evaluate service plans and budgets in co-operation with multi-disciplinary team.
* Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership.
* Manage patient care to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidence based, care planning approach.
* Manage all resources efficiently and effectively within agreed budget.
* Facilitate co-ordination, co-operation and liaison across multi-disciplinary teams and programmes.
* Ensure that effective safety procedures are developed and managed to comply with statutory obligations, in conjunction with relevant staff.
* Manage communication at ward and department level.
* Participate in the identification, development and delivery of education, training and development programmes for nursing and non-nursing staff.
* Contribute to the formulation, development and implementation of policies and procedures at area and hospital level.
* Lead and implement change,
* Facilitate team building and staff motivation.
* Promotes a safe work environment by accessibility of safe equipment and adequate supplies in an efficient manner.
* Operational and participates in continuous quality improvement, JCI and other accreditation and risk management programs
* Monitors budget to control operational and capital expenditures while monitoring and adjusting staffing patterns to optimise theatre productivity.
* Interfaces with consultants on a regular basis maintaining professional relationships, proactive communication and acting as a liaison between all levels of staffing and hospital management.
The CNM3 will be responsible for the day to day management of the department and nursing staff working within the department.
Qualifications / Experience required:
* Current registration with NMBI, or equivalent body
* A minimum of 5 years theatre experience (post-registration)
* Proven track record in people management and the management of teams
* Completion of a Management course is essential.
* Must have excellent patient care to a high standard
* Be computer literate.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication abilities.
* Have the ability to work on own initiative
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate for further details & full job spec please Call Maria O' Dwyer on 087 2951493 or email email@example.com