A prestigious Home Care Provider in the Midlands of Ireland wishes to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
CARE MANAGER - HOME CARE PROVIDER
REPORTS TO: The Managing Director
SUPPORTED BY: An excellent team of CNM, supervisors and Coordinators
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
We care about our customers and value each person's unique lifestyle and aspirations. Our client has a team who are dedicated to excellent quality customer led services. Our aim is simply to keep our customers in control by providing the care and support they want, where and when they want it. If you share our passion for exceeding our customers' expectations and want a great opportunity to develop your career in business management, this could be the role for you.
The Care Manager will use their strong leadership skills to maximise operational efficiency and to drive the growth of the business. We are looking to build our reputation for providing excellent quality home care services. You will enjoy being part of the senior management team leading the delivery of our services. This varied role requires outstanding communication and analytical skills, great planning and organisational ability, a talent for strong leadership together with extensive management experience in social care.
We offer the chance to be part of a supportive team where your skills and knowledge can really make a difference to people's lives. You will enjoy a collaborative working relationship with the franchise owner and managers to make sure services are legally compliant and continuously improving. The Care Manager will have a strong influence on how people see our brand. The ideal candidate will have proven track record of managing teams of people.
* Plan and allocate care workers to service user calls, manage their workload in line with business demands and the care worker's availability and ensure adherence to policies and legislation
* Liaise with and provide support to Senior Carers and Field Care Supervisors working within allocated area.
* Monitor and keep up to date records of service users that are in hospital or respite care and ensure regular communication with care workers to notify them of changes to service users' circumstances or needs.
* Manage care worker holiday requests and ensure the correct procedure is followed and relevant documentation is completed
* Compliance - Monitor and maintain service user and care worker documentation, including care plans, risk assessments, care worker on boarding in the allocated geographical area.
* Conduct telephone and face to face quality assurance reports and customer initiatives, managing investigations and lessons learnt and ensuring they are added to peer group meetings, circulated in staff memoranda, and apply any sanctions/training needed.
* Undertake spot checks at service users' home as required, to check compliance and quality
* Conduct medication competencies in the field.
* Take new service user referrals and ensure they are deal with appropriately.
* Ensure accurate and timely input of all data and communication relating to care workers and service users within the designated areas and recording any changes as they occur.
* Update records of service users and care workers on an ongoing basis on the electronic system
* Administer any amendments on timesheets/payroll report on a weekly basis and assist with weekly processing of timesheets if required, to ensure a seamless, accurate Payroll process.
* Undertake care calls where required, in the event of staff absence, staff shortages or increases in demand, which is likely to be outside of office hours.
* Assist with any care worker application and/or recruitment processes as required, such as reference checking, applying for criminal records and protection of vulnerable adults' checks, etc
* Such other duties appropriate to the role as may be assigned from time to time.
* A commitment to delivering the highest quality care to service users.
* Strong organisational and time management skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills to be able to communicate and lead effectively, both verbally and written to support staff, care workers, customers, senior management and other key professionals.
* Has a proficient level of IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to be compose in a challenging situation
Qualification & Experience
* Experience at Management level in a Care setting
* Experience in Managing Teams
* Nursing or Social Care qualification
* Management qualification desirable but not essential
Salary of €55K + Bonus
25 days Holidays
Office based (Monday - Friday)
APPLICATION: If interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV in WORD FORMAT TO:
INFORM ENQUIRIES TO: Christy on 087 9473404 or if from outside Ireland 00353 87 9473404