Social Care Leader
30hours a week
Our client a Nursing Home based in the South Dublin/Wicklow Area wishes to recruit a Activities Coordinator/Social Care Leader for 30hours a week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving the following:
* Plan, implement and lead a varied diary of indoor and outdoor activity opportunities suitable to the individual needs of residents taking into account peoples¿ cognitive abilities.
* Provide social and recreational programmes to meet physical, psychological, spiritual and creative needs of each person through an individualised person centred activity programme.
* Support and empower residents for effective participation in the person centred process. Ensuring that each resident is supported and empowered to identify and make his/her personal choices and needs known.
* Work with residents on a daily basis to build meaningful and supportive connections with their families, friends and staff through a range of interests, activities and community activities.
* Play an active role in development of a stimulating environment in keeping with a person centred approach. This will include developing a wide range of resources (books, magazines, objects, sensory items)
* Set realistic targets and goals for individual and group activities. Design specific occupational/activity initiatives for people living with dementia, which focus on strengths so that their full ability is realised.
* Possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
* Excellent patient care
* Proven written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
Salary is dependent on experience
Are you looking for your next career move, are you fed up travelling into Dublin City Centre and want to work nearer to home for further information
please Call Maria O' Dwyer on 087 2951493 or email Maria on email@example.com