Process Development Engineer - Medical Devices - Galway City - Ireland
A major medical devices manufacturing company in Galway is hiring a Process Development Engineer
You will contribute to and partner with PDP functions to define, execute and deliver on NPD requirements. You will be responsible for the development & optimization of new manufacturing concepts and technologies. You will provide solutions to complex technical problems associated with processes and equipment using problem solving techniques and methodologies. You will be involved in process innovation with emphasis on improving quality, reducing process variation, reducing cycle time and cost down initiatives. You will participate in or lead Equipment and Process Development, Process Characterization and Process Qualification to support new product introduction. You will actively participate in new product development teams with specific responsibility for developing robust and capable processes, ensuring R&D and Operations needs and targets are incorporated into the plans and activities. You will design, develop and progress a process from concept phase into commercialization phase and actively participate in best continuous improvement initiatives within Process Development. You will utilize functional excellence in process development including DRM, MOS, Process Characterization, Equipment Development, COS and Six Sigma.
- Degree level 8 in Engineering / Science or related discipline and desirably with medical device technology experience with at least 3 -5 years in a comparable role.
- A dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional, cross-site teams.
- Experienced with a good understanding of the product and process development process.
- Good organizational, presentation and project management skills are desirable.
- Good communicator at all levels and with all functions in the organization and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Please send us your CV at
or call Christy O'Hara on 087 94 73 404 and 00353 879473404 if outside Ireland for more information