A major medical devices manufacturing company in the West of Ireland are now inviting applications for the role of Principal R & D Engineer.
You will be directly involved in all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialization of cutting edge structural heart devices.
The role includes the following responsibilities and skill sets:
* Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
* Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
* Effectively represent Medtronic while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
* Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
* Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
* Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
* Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
* May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
* May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
* Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
* Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
* Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
1. Degree level (L8) in Engineering or related discipline and desirably with 8 years relevant experience.
2. A dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
3. Experienced with medical device product development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
4. Strong communication and presentation skills are desirable.
5. A good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Please email your CV to
or call Christy O'Hara on 087 9473 404 for more information