Principal R&D Engineer
A major manufacturing company in the West of Ireland are now inviting applications for the role of Principal R&D Engineer.
The role includes the following responsibilities and skill sets:
* Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
* Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
* Represent the Company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
* Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
* Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
* Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
* Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
* May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
* May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
* Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
* Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
* Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
-Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline and desirably with 8 years' relevant experience.
- A dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced with medical device product development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are desirable.
- Excellent communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Remuneration: An excellent Salary/Benefits Package is on offer and negotiable
Please email your CV to coh&headhuntinternational.com or call Christy O'Hara on 087 9473 404
and outside Ireland on 00353 879473404 for more information