A major Medical Devices Company in Galway,Ireland is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following post:
Purpose of the Job:
At our Finance Department, we focus on a culture of hard work, honesty, integrity and diligence resulting in all key deliverables being achieved on time and to a high standard. Our vision for our Finance team is to be a sought after employing department for exceptional staff encompassing a) a learning organization, where all staff members are empowered and supported in reaching their full potential & b) a results orientation where employees accept responsibility with a "can do" attitude. As Financial Analyst in the Company site you are directly involved in compliance in key areas of finance including a) :-Responsible for the accounting function in the plant ensuring the balance sheet is correctly stated and all Monthly/Quarterly & Annual Finance requirements are met. b) Preparing accounting statements for internal and external parties involving liaising with external agencies e.g. External Audit partners.
The Financial Analyst will have responsibilities as follows:-
* Responsible for Accounting Function in the Company thus ensuring all Balance Sheet accounts are correctly stated.
* Monthly Close & Forecast Involvement in all areas including Profit and Loss analysis, Sales & COGS variance analysis and monthly variance reports in all areas.
* Manage quarterly budgeting and forecasting process in all areas as well as tracking actual and forecasted spending in key areas e.g. Other Product costs, Purchase Price Variance, Material Usage variance.
* Complete Internal reporting requirements including completion of management accounts, cost of sales analysis & other areas as needed.
* Planning and organization of the external audit including preparation of financial statements for two legal entities based at the location
* Preparation of the corporation tax calculation and primary contact for liaising with the tax consultants and corporate tax to ensure the group derives maximum benefit from the Irish operations.
* Management of Euro cash pooling balance, including forecasting of companies Euro requirements.
* Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
* Manage the Standard Cost Setting Process for the plant .
* Miscellaneous variance analysis as required
* Provide timely & accurate information financial support to local managers thus building strong relationships with management.
* Maintain high internal controls around delegation of authority (DOA), Segregation of Duties(SOD) and balance sheet reconciliations. Also, responsible for maintaining the internal DOA procedure.
* Act as Backup for Weekly and Monthly Payroll.
* Assist in meeting SOX compliance & Audit requirements
* Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees
A part qualified or fully qualified accountant and desirably with manufacturing experience, wishing to move into a complex, fast moving and constantly changing multinational manufacturing environment.
A dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
Experienced with effectively interacting with various levels and functions within the organization - must be technically strong and willing to come up to speed quickly.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) are a requirement. Oracle JD Edwards & Syspro system knowledge are desirable.
You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking
A very attractive Salary/Benefits Package is on offer and negotiable
Please forward your CV immediately to:
For informal enquiries, please ring Christy O'Hara on 087-9473404 or 00353 87 9473404 if outside Ireland