Embedded Software Engineer - Medical Devices - Galway
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join a small and dynamic R&D team developing products for consumer and medical markets.
As a member of a small team, you will have responsibility for generating new and innovative ideas and turning them into real products. The role encompasses all aspects of SDLC and working with cross function teams in R&D.
Reports to: Lead Software Engineer
- Honours Degree in Electronic/Software Engineering
- Software Design for Embedded Systems using UML, code using C language
- Understanding of design patterns, OOPs concepts, various software architectures
- Strong knowledge of analogue design including op-amps, discrete transistor circuits, DAC
and ADC circuits.
- Knowledge of digital circuits including microprocessors (e.g. ARM, Renesas, etc.)
- Experience in software engineering for the medical or the automotive industry is an
- Experience in using embedded system communication protocols (e.g. Bluetooth, USB, I2C,
SPI, UART etc..) is an advantage.
Qualification level and discipline: Honours Degree in Electronic/Software Engineering
Industry type: Electronics, Embedded systems, Consumer industry
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Results driven
- Strong design skills
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise workload
- Familiarity with various software architectures, 32 bit controllers
- Good analytical & problem solving skills
- Good team worker
If interested in applying for this post, please email your CV in Word Format to
or call Christy O'Hara on 087 94 73 404 for more information